Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Either I'm drunk ... or we just had an Earthquake!

Considering its only 11:45 am and I have not had a single sip of alcohol in 3 days, I think it was the latter...

Esh. Now, I think I need to come up with an Earthquake Cocktail! (Definitely shaken, not stirred.)

Update: Here's the AP report for those who didn't hear about it. It hit 5.4 on the Richter scale, which is definitely enough to rattle your windows, doors, wall hangings and nerves. However, having been through the 6.7 Northridge quake back in 1994, and also felt the 7.1 magnitude So-Cal shake up all the way in Las Vegas in 1999, this wasn't too bad. Cell phone service got knocked out for a while - but was reinstalled just in time for my 1:30 conference call. And - not a single one of my liquor bottles fell off the shelf! So, all is good in my little Musey world.

I did, however, decide to add a few mini liquor samples to my Earthquake Survival Kit. If there is any time I'd need a drink, it would be if my house fell down!!

Thank you to those friends who emailed or sent texts to see if I was OK. That was very sweet. Rumbles are just par for the course out here in La-La-Land.

Photo from Reuters

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Glad all is well with you. I was THIS close to being in LA for work this week, so I missed the chance to experience it firsthand. Week after next I should be in town. Just in time for an aftershock.

natalie@theliquidmuse.com said...

Oh, don't worry - the earth will move under your feet one of these days!

Anonymous said...

YIKES... I forgot to get my surival kit together! Several bottles of good booze or decent depending on how long my ice cubes last... thanks for the fun posts! You keep the earth movin!