Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Lavender Pisco Daisy

Pisco is one of my little darlings. The distilled grape spirit native to both Peru and Chile has blasted its way onto worldwide cocktail menus, stirring up a few fans along the way. Yes, I’m a lover of all things Latin including cachaca, tango, salsa, flamenco, tapas, carnival, the running of the bulls – you name it, I probably love it and devour it whenever possible. So, when the lovely sisters (Lizzie and Melanie Asher) behind Macchu Pisco sent me a bottle of their Diablada pisco, I was excited to crack it open.

I was going to make a Pisco Sour – and then a wave of creativity hit me. Ok,
a little wave… I just changed a couple of things from the Pisco Sour recipe and left out the egg white. What a wonderful result. I just had to share it with you Sipsters!

1 1/2 ounces pisco
3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 ounce Sonoma lavender syrup
Dash peach bitters Edible flower (garnish)

Shake all liquid ingredients with ice. Strain into a cocktail glass. Float an edible flower on the surface of the drink.

My second round of this drink included the egg white, and excuse me for saying that it was pretty freakin' fantastic.
Salud!

No comments: