Friday, October 27, 2006

Once you go black...

As seen in the October issue of my monthly cocktail column in Northern Virginia Magazine (and just in time for this weekend’s festivities) I want to share this fun drink idea with The Liquid Muse community!

Blavod Vodka, infused with Black Catechu, a Burmese herb, has a unique color, making it the must-have Halloween “spirit.”

Kandy Korn
(recipe and photo, courtesy of Blavod Vodka)
2 oz. Mandarin orange juice
2 oz. Tangerine juice
2 oz. Blavod black vodka

Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour in juices. Gently add Blavod. Garnish with candy corn on a skewer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just FYI, that stuff is terrible tasting vodka. I bought two bottles for the bar I manage, and I haven't been able to give them away.

natalie@theliquidmuse.com said...

Oh my. That's too bad. I have been wanting to "play" with a sample bottle to come up with a drink I would definitely stand behind. I can't say I ever got that opportunity.

I did taste a cocktail made with Blavod at Bar Rouge in DC this summer. It is mentioned in an earlier posting on The Liquid Muse (June maybe). The drink is called Black Monday. I thought it tasted fine...

Hmmm... maybe it is better mixed certain other ingredients...

Anyway, this kandy korn looks cool, and though I AM a HUGE supporter of quality ingredients, sometimes the "aesthetic appeal" of something like this can be a crowd pleaser...

Thanks for your comments, and thanks for reading The Liquid Muse.

If you have a good Halloween cocktail alternative, please email me! I'll post it.