Five for Five
International Journalist Extraordinaire, Kristin Lowe, “tagged” me with the “Five Things You Didn’t Know About Me.” For whomever may be interested, here are my five things:
1) Familial: I am the first person in my family (both sides) to be born in America. My sister is the second, though she lives in Paris, now.
2) Hippy-Dippy: I lived in a tent for two months, over the millennium, at Drop Zones (skydiving centers) in Taupo, New Zealand and Byron Bay, Australia (one month each). The highlight of that trip was spending my 30th birthday hiking barefoot along a muddy trail to the most gigantic, magnificent waterfall I’ve ever seen. That moment, standing small in front of the thundering power of nature, put my whole life in perspective.
3) Future: One day, I will disappear to a small, stone farmhouse in Spain, surrounded by sunflowers, lavender, sheep and chickens, and finally sit down to finish writing my book.
4) Educational: I have a degree in French (Literature) and a minor in Theatre.
5) Embarrasing: When I worked at Miramax Films (in LA, mid-90’s) we used those weird message-sending machines for internal communication (at the time, this was considered better than email, for some reason). The first and last initials of our names served as our “address.” One day, I sent a message to my buddy “MG” who worked in a different department, outlining some rather explicit, intimate details of my date, the night before. As it turns out, a big-wig Executive had the same initials, and called his Assistant into his office to inquire, “Who is NB and why is she sending me this message?!” Needless to say, I slinked around, with downcast eyes and bright red cheeks, for quite some time!