Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sipster Submission
Sipster: a member of The Liquid Muse community... Become a sipster by emailing: natalie@theliquidmuse.com

Sipster, Danielle Tergis, of Washington DC, sent in this refreshing Sangria recipe:

"I had this sangria at North Mountain Vineyard in the Shenandoah Valley over Mother's Day. My parents have a cabin not too far from the winery, and my mom loves going there for any special occasion. They usually do a special menu, and sometimes a special cocktail like the sangria. One glass and we were both hooked! It's perfect for summertime entertaining and it looks great in a clear pitcher with the slices of fruit floating in the glass.

About the recipe...My mom was actually the one who wrote it down and when I asked her for it she told me she wasn't sure what happened to it. One too many glasses of the punch I think... Anyway, I'm doing this from memory so you might have to adapt to your own tastes.

North Mountain Sangria
1 Bottle North Mountain Chambourcin
2 Bottles Sweet Caroline's Blush
1 Lemon
1 Lime
1 Orange
1 cup sugar (to taste)

Ginger Ale (to taste)

Drink and enjoy!

No comments: