Monday, October 20, 2008

El Presidente Cocktail

Like multitudes of other bars and liquor companies, Bacardi is putting forth some "presidential" cocktails. As I've already stated, I won't put you through the slew of blue "obamatinis" that come across my desk...

However, given my desire to toast a fellow American regarding this articulate, measured, sane and thoughtful decision of who he will endorse in the upcoming election, I thought the "El Presidente of Change" is an interesting Fall concoction. This one's for you, Colin Powell.
El Presidente of Change
2 parts BACARDI® Superior Rum
1 part Triple Sec
1 part MARTINI® & ROSSI® Dry Vermouth
1 tsp. Blue Curacao

1/4 of a ripe pear

1 pinch each of ground vanilla and ground cloves


Muddle the pear, sugar, and ground spices. Add ice and remaining ingredients and shake well. Fine strain into chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with flamed orange peel.

No comments: