Sunday, April 22, 2007

Presenting Preggatinis(tm)!

Non-Alcoholic Cocktails for Stylish Moms-To-Be

You know when you have a secret and you're just dying to tell everyone but you have to hold back a little but its just killing you not to tell?

That's how I have felt about my line of Preggatinis
(tm). I've been sitting on these butt-kicking "mocktails" for months now, as I worked on a book proposal for my Preggatini concept.

Things move quickly in the cocktail fast lane and I have since re-structured my cocktail book to focus on alcoholic drinks (duh, right? I am The Liquid Muse, and the world of spirits is where I draw so much inspiration...) But, there will be some Preggatinis
(tm) in my book.

Preggatinis(tm) are perfect baby shower cocktails (aka: Preggatini Parties(tm)). They are also great for anyone laying off the sauce (with or without an inhabited uterus...) I started a new blog devoted to Preggatinis(tm), which I encourage you to check out often, if you or someone close to you, is expecting!

Here is one, to get you started:

Pamper Me Preggatini(tm)
1/2 oz. Freshly squeezed mandarin orange juice
2 oz. Guava nectar
Orange-flavored mineral water
Grenadine
2 tsp. fine sugar
sprig mint

Pour a small amount of grenadine onto a small plate. Pour sugar onto another small plate. Take a champagne flute and dip the rim into the grenadine first, and then the sugar. Let it dry for a few seconds. Pour mandarin juice and guava nectar into the flute. Slowly add the orange-flavored mineral water until glass is full. Garnish with a sprig of mint.

(*alcoholic version for non-pregnant friends: top with sparkling wine instead of orange flavored mineral water)

No comments: