Friday, May 25, 2007

TLM Goes on a Diet!

What a rude awakening. My summer clothes are staying in storage – cuz their too dang tight.

Since switching to writing full-time, about a year and a half ago, I’ve packed on more than 20 pounds. Think about it: I sit on my butt writing about cocktails, wine and dining by day, and sample them by night. It is a wonderful existence - don’t get me wrong – but my waistline is suffering.

And, I am close to launching The Liquid Muse YouTube cocktail show so within a few weeks, I want to start to look as good as the cocktails taste! (Besides, given my Muse-y tendencies, squeezing into my designer duds is a necessity!)

So, here are my Liquid Muse tips for shaping up (and I’m gonna do my best to follow them!)

1) Join a gym (hubby and I did that recently)
2) Eat lots of fruits and veggies
3) Drink water AND low-calorie cocktails

Yes, there is such a thing as a low-calorie cocktail. Here is my favorite recent creation:

The Liquid Muse Grapefruit Diet!
2 oz. Grapefruit juice (24 calories)
1 oz. Grapefruit-flavored vodka (68 calories)
grapefruit-flavored sparkling water (0 calories)
squeeze of lime (2 calories)
dash orange bitters (4 calories)

Shake vodka, juices and bitters with ice. Pour into chilled cocktail glass. Top with flavored water. Garnish with a lime wheel.

Total calories: 98

So, here’s to you, skinny jeans, and squeezing myself back into a size 6…
“I’ll Drink To That!”

1 comment:

Alison Santighian said...

Mmmmm...H and I have a deal. As The Bean grows my belly, his shrinks. This just might be something he can get into!