Monday, November 05, 2007

My Parisian Brain-Fart!

I finally made it to the Bar Hemmingway at the Ritz, in Paris. It was all that I expected, and more. We had a wonderful time. Fantastic cocktails. Charming barman. Just fabulous. (more to come on that later...)

But, I did a completely stupid faux pas... In the midst of paying for the cocktails, bidding adieu to everyone we chatted with, making notes about all the wonderful points of the evening, my sister and I floated out on Cloud 9. And, it wasn't until we got home that I made a terrible realization... I forgot to tip the bartender!!! I don't know how I had such a brain fart! I'm utterly ashamed! It was a complete oversight.

And, I leave to Greece tomorrow morning, so I can't go in and make it right. Ramon /Guillame if you check in on the blog, please forgive me - it was completely unintentional. :-(

3 comments:

Deb said...

I am soooo jealous! Paris is my absolute favorite city in the world. Tip heavy next time you're in town. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun in Paris, too bad I'm just catching your post - I would have sent you to a friend at Man Ray (Johnny Depp's bar) for a mean cocktail!

natalie@theliquidmuse.com said...

Hello Deb and "Grandiose"

Yes - I'll tip extra next time. And, great suggestion on Man Ray. I went there often when it opened, and I was spending alot of time in Paris -- must have been 2002 / 2003...

I have to follow up and see what they're doing, these days!