Friday, December 22, 2006

The Most Christmassy Jewish Home

My friend, Kelly, lives around this “Hancock Park Adjacent” neighborhood and recently drove me past this very house. “It’s Vegas in LA!,” she declared, and we marveled, though her car window, at the elaborate decorations. “Who would spend that much time and money on Christmas decorations?,” I wondered, aloud.

Low and behold: ask the Universe, and the Universe answers back! The above photo, taken by Axel Koester for The New York Times article, is THE house! The Vegas house. The Christmas house. The…Jewish house?

NYT points out that the lady of the house is Mary Loomis-Shrier, “the Jewish heiress to an exotic-lingerie fortune." Trashy Lingerie, is her very sexy, very successful, and rather legendary LA boutique (which Kelly and I know very well, I might add). And, best of all, we were not so far off... there is plenty of trashy lingerie in Vegas.

Happy Hanukkah (and Merry Christmas) to the Loomis-Shriers!

1 comment:

Alison Santighian said...

If you're gonna do it, do it all the way. I nominate them for "True Spirit of the Season Award," made up by me...