Monday, January 28, 2008

SAG Chooses "No Country For Old Men" as Best Film of the Year

And, I Choose a French Wine to Celebrate a Spanish Actor!

"Who are you wearing?" is so much less intersting a question than "Who are you drinking?" as far as I'm concerned.

Last night, I put on my oh-so-glamorous cozy, flannel robe and poured a couple of glasses of Chateau La Boutignane 2004 from the Corbieres region of Southern France, and settled in to watch the SAG Awards. (After a long weekend of brithday celebrations, I needed the
rest!) A note about the wine... for less than $10 the vintage delivers luscious berries, a juicy nose and went very well with the pate de campagne and multi-grain crackers. Bang for the buck!

I've been a member of the Screen Actors Guild for 18 years. (No, I'm not an aging actress. I got started young, ok? Well, ok, maybe I'm aging a little.) Anyhoo...

In addition to celebrating the film industry's most exciting work, this year also marks SAG's 75th Anniversary, which means that we thespians have been protected by our labor union since 1933!

Last night, SAG members chose No Country For Old Men as the best film of the year, which features some incredible performances from the likes of Woody Harrelson (is he ever bad?), Tommy Lee Jones (powerhouse), Josh Brolin (slated to play George W. Bush, next year) and smoldering Spanish hottie Javier Bardem. (Bardem also got the Best Supporting Actor award).

With the Oscars only a matter of weeks away, I'm already preparing for the big night! Who will YOU be drinking?

Photo courtesy of Huffington Post.





No comments: