Friday, August 03, 2007

Ask The Liquid Muse

Wondering where to go or what to order in Tinseltown? Join The Liquid Muse Cocktail Club's Cocktail of the Week, and you'll be 'in the know!' You can also send me a note, and I'll do my best to help you!


Sipster, Paige, asks:


Hi Natalie-

Since you're the cocktail expert, I was wondering -- does anybody order the Tom Collins any more? I was reading something the other day that made it seem like this was a real popular drink in the '20s and '30s.

Paige


Hi Paige,

Yes, it is a classic cocktail. And, classic cocktails are making a major resurgence!! So, the skilled and passionate bartenders will know how to make it, and cocktail afficionados will order it. I suggest trying one out at Providence, Blue Velvet or Seven Grand, where some of the most skilled bartenders in town can whip up classic concoctions...

Natalie


---

Sipster Songstress, Jahna asks:

Natalie
,
You are by far the best person to have the answer to this question...
It's my birthday this weekend and I want to go to a super chic, tasteful yet hot place for drinks with friends on the west side...
Checked out One Spot and it looks great, but a bit far for my crowd...
H
ave any suggestions, please?!
Jahna
Hey Jahna,
First - Happy Birthday!! :-)
Here are some upscale,
Westside hotspots:
  • Abode is lovely, female owned and in Santa Monica.
  • Penthouse is a bit of a scene but its gorgeous! It's at the top of the Huntley Hotel in Santa Monica. Reserve a table by the windows!!
  • Tengu has some fab sake drinks and wonderful sushi. It is quite expensive, though.
  • Bite, in Venice, has a flight of sake (meaning three small glasses, so you can compare them side by side). I found that really fun.
I hope those help!
Natalie

No comments: