Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Speaking of Style...

Born in Nice, France, Clothing Designer Nicole Farhi launched her design career in Paris before moving to London in the early 70's.

Today, I wandered through her flagship store on the incredibly chic New Bond Street, London's most exclusive shopping district. I quickly realized I was severely under-dressed for clothes shopping, in my lucky jeans, button down shirt and gold shoes. Luckily, I was wearing a rain coat, which helped hide my "uncouth" and badly matched outfit!

Once inside, I was impressed by the feminine, classic pieces. Not fussy or overly "trendy," the cashmere sweaters, linen trousers and breezy chiffon dresses typify the modern, well-to-do sophisticate. Her clothes are equally appropriate in the boardroom, an elegant restaurant or a popular nightspot.

The store also has a fab bar, downstairs, which boasts a signature cocktail called The Flirtini made with Bombay Sapphire gin, peach schnapps, cranberry juice and a squeeze of lime. (Is there any other way to kick off a shopping spree??)

Farhi has added a line of fabulous accessories, so I couldn't resist taking home a couple of little souvenirs... Like this fabulous playful pair of heels and an adorable little leather bag (both pictured above). My new friend, Tara, got a super cute swing cut black raincoat, which works out well as the drizzle is a constant since we've arrived.

But, no complaints. I'm sure I speak for both of us to say that our new duds fill our hearts with sunshine...

No comments: