Tuesday, October 07, 2008


Does Your Tequila Have a Master?

Yes, I’m a little partial to tequila, these days, so trying new brands gets me all excited! Maestro Dobel is one of those that I will enjoy slowly, and only with people who will enjoy it as much as I do.

Blended from reposado, anejo and extra anejo tequilas, which are made from 100% 8-10 year old blue agave plants, Maetro Dobel calls itself a diamond tequila. I suppose that is meant to be a higher classification than the plantino (or platinum) tequila I tried a few months ago… although that was quite tasty, too.

Each bottle of Maestro Dobel is hand-numbered, has the bottling date on it and is signed by the Master Distiller Juan-Domingo “Dobel” Beckmann, the sixth-generation leader of the world’s most prominent tequila-producing family. Pretty impressive stuff. And, with a suggested retail price of $74.99, it had better be!

No comments: