Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sipster Submissions

San Francisco’s Victoria D’Amato-Moran shares her gorgeous Autumn-themed cocktail with us. Incidentally, this particular libation won FIRST PLACE in the "ri(1) whiskey" competition last Monday, in the City by the Bay.

Rumor has it that Victoria is about to start whipping up some luscious drinks for Michael Chiarello in Yountville (ie: Napa’s playground for wine-loving world renown chefs).

Fall-ing For You

1.5 oz ri(1) whiskey
1 oz. homemade spice syrup
3 oz Pumpkin/Apple juice

Shake all ingredients with ice. Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.

This little lady also runs Cent' Anni, her cocktail consulting business. She has created 40 drinks for the Suntory Company (Midori, Yamazaki, Zen) as well as for magazines, websites, East Leaf Products, and so on.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

This cocktail looks amazing. What goes into the spice syrup, and what are the proportions in the pumpkin/apple juice?

Anonymous said...

Shawn ~ Hi there !
My syrups are made in the moment, so think holiday spice to compliment a rum, or a whiskey. Think cinnamon, clove, nutmeg etc and play with it.
I also make my own juices.
You'ltake some pumpkin puree and apple juice and find your balance. I am in the middle of writing a book, so I don't want to give out exact recipes yet.
I find my best work by experimenting~ Have fun !
Victoria~