Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Debbie Downer - UV Vodka Pink Lemonade

I always feel badly when I don't like a product. Well, I don't feel badly not to like it, I feel badly to tell everyone I don't like it. However, being a professional wine, spirits and cocktail writer, I have to give an honest opinion. When I rave about something its because I really love it. This is what gives The Liquid Muse endorsements value and credibility...

So, that said, this product is not my favorite. Sometimes I get the impression that marketers assume that anything "pink" will get female spirits writers excited. More often than not, though, it has the opposite effect, as reflected in my opinion on this Pink Pinot Grigio.

When UV Pink Lemonade arrived, I loved the packaging. When I opened the box, a little audio recording of a party exploded into my living room, at 11:00am - who wouldn't appreciate that? Then the bottle of pink liquid was wrapped in a pink feather boa and "garnished" with a mini pink flamingo. Cute, no?

However, this was a case of style over substance. I'm already not a fan of super sweet, pre-bottled "cocktails." They are usually made with lesser quality liquor and taste like candy-gone-bad.

I love the fun and creativity behind the UV vodka products. In spirit, I am righ there with them. However, in this case, let's just leave it at the fact that I enjoyed opening the package more than opening the bottle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same reaction as you, Ms. Muse. Alas, my wife thinks this stuff is the tastiest liquor she's ever sipped. Go figure...

Anonymous said...

love honesty.

Kers said...

Ah. A chance to discuss the incorrect usage of "badly" when placed in conjunction with "I feel"! ;)

Back on topic - this stiff sounds terrible, but should be a big hit with the tranny market.

natalie@theliquidmuse.com said...

Good point. It could be "I feel bad." Because, after all, we don't say, "I feel sadly."

Kevin, honey, although I'm a writer but I ain't no grammar saint. Isn't that what Editors are for? ;-)

And, now you got me all confused!

Kers said...

Natalie,
You can do no wrong in my eyes ;)