I’ve raved and raved about the San Francisco Cocktail scene. So much talent, and a lot of collaborative cohesion makes it a ‘mecca of the drink.’
I’m currently bringing The Liquid Muse to the forefront of cocktail culture in LA. There is no reason why we can’t get more inspired, or celebrate and promote those who are!!
So, while The Liquid Muse Blog remains devoted to covering "cocktails, places and faces" worldwide, The Liquid Muse Cocktail of the Week is about to get very LA-centric. I’ll be highlighting the best drinks from the hottest spots around town. Join The Liquid Muse Cocktail Club now, if you want to mix and mingle with the most cutting edge cocktail-loving people in Los Angeles!
In the meantime, let me share a couple of highlights from our drinking buddies, up north.
- If you read my recent post on Pisco, you know it is coming up in a major way. So, head to Cantina, this weekend, to celebrate Peru’s Independence Day. Duggan is aiming to feature eight pisco cocktails, plus a flight of three different piscos. As he puts it, “Pisco is such a great spirit to use in cocktails, particularly for its grape base, its almost-grappa-esque bite, and its aroma.” (So, please drink one for me, and let me know how it was!)
- If you’re a Hemmingway fan, head over to Elixir, where H has lined up 9 drinks at $9 each in honor of Poppa’s Birthday. A sampling of his fascinating concoctions include:
- Hemingway Daiquiri 10 Cane Rum, Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur, Fresh-squeezed Lime and Ruby Red Grapefruit juices and a touch of simple syrup; served tall and over ice with a lime wheel.
- The Tuscan Sun Fresh Cantaloupe muddled with Fresh Mint and Fresh Lime juice, then shaken with Tuaca and served up with a Fresh Melon ball and a Fresh Mint leaf
- Sunset on Dunnigan Night Harvest Sauvignon Blanc, Damrak Gin, and St. Germain Elderflower Cordial, stirred and served up with a Grapefruit zest to garnish
- Emperor Norton’s Mistress Muddled Fresh Strawberries and Cointreau, Shaken with Old Whiskey River Bourbon and Navan Vanilla Cognac Liqueur: served over ice with a Fresh Strawberry
- Screaming Eagle Sour Eagle Rare “Elixir Select” Bourbon, Lemon Juice, Powdered Sugar, Organic Egg White and St. Germain Elderflower liqueur, shaken and served up